Tarot Unearthed Art Prize - Terms and Conditions of Entry
1.1. You must read this document, Terms and Conditions of Entry, in its entirety before completing the entry form.
1.2. Each entry must be accompanied with:
– Your name and your Bio
– Your contact details
– Your social media handle(s)
– Your website (optional)
– A maximum of one (1) artwork per entry
1.3. You must complete the entry form in one sitting. Our website does not allow the entry form to be saved and continued at a later date.
2. ENTRY GUIDELINES & FEE
2.1. Artists may enter as many times as they like.
2.2. The non-refundable entry fee is $10.00 per entry.
2.3. The completed online entry form and fee must be received no later than 5pm on 1st May. An acknowledgement will be issued by email.
2.4. All entries are to be made online via the Tarot Guild of Australia (TGA) website. Fee payment is to be made at the time of entry and will only be accepted through the methods available on the online entry form.
2.5. Late entries will not be accepted.
2.6. Entry forms, including artworks and titles, cannot be changed after the entry form is submitted.
3.1. The maximum number of artworks per entry is one (1).
3.2. Each artwork must be submitted in the form of a photograph or digital image. All files must be submitted in standard tarot card sizing which is a vertical 3:5 ratio, high-resolution JPG format, at least 300DPI and between 3-5MB in size.
3.3. Each artwork entered must be accompanied with:
– A title that references one card from the traditional 78 card Tarot deck
– The year it was completed
– The medium used (See Section 3.4)
– One (1) quality photograph or digital file
– An artwork statement of up to 80 words
3.4. Artwork entries can be a photograph or digital image of an artwork in any medium. Including but not limited to Drawing, Pastels, Printmaking, Watercolour, Gouache, Mixed Media, Oil, Acrylic, Sculpture, 3D Art, Digital Art and/or Photography.
3.5. Entries must be the original work of the Entrant and have been completed in the last 24 months.
3.6. The artwork entered must not have won a prize in a previous art competition.
3.7. Artworks are not restricted to any specific faith or artistic style.
3.8. The committee reserves the right to refuse any artwork it deems unsuitable and, in all cases, no correspondence of any kind will be entered into.
4.1. The Tarot Unearthed winners will be announced on the TGA website and will be showcased online for a period of twelve (12) months.
4.2. Competition winners will be notified by email and a public announcement will be made in the mid-year edition of The Magician.
5. JUDGING & PRIZES
5.1. An independent judge will conduct the judging of the artworks entered.
5.2. The photograph or digital image submitted by the Entrant is the artwork that will be judged and used by the TGA in accordance with Section 6 of this document.
5.3. The judge will choose the best artworks that engage the ideas of the Tarot and Spirituality.
5.4. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence of any kind will be entered into.
5.5. A total of thirteen (13) winners will be selected.
5.6. The prize pool (valued at $6,500AUD) will be equally distributed amongst the thirteen (13) winners.
5.7. Each $500 prize consists of:
– A Tarot Guild of Australia “Artistic Excellence in the Tarot” Award
– Your profile showcased online and in a full spread article of The Magician
– Your artwork published on one (1) calendar page of the Tarot Unearthed Calendar with name, artwork statement, website (if applicable) and social media handle(s).
– A $135 AUD one-off payment for the non-exclusive use of your winning photograph or digital image.
– A one (1) year Interest Membership to the Tarot Guild of Australia valued at $65 AUD.
– Access to ten (10) Video Workshops, of your choosing, from our online shop valued at $180 AUD.
– Four (4) copies of the Tarot Unearthed Calendar that you will be featured in, valued at $120 AUD. Posted to you free of charge.
– An opportunity to participate in an interview that will be shared across the TGA’s social media, aimed at promoting you and your arts practice (optional).
6. IMAGE COLLECTION & USE
6.1. The Entrant warrants that each artwork they submit is original, that they have obtained all the necessary copyright permissions to enter their artwork and that the artwork does not infringe on any rights of any party, including copyright and moral rights.
6.2. The TGA will not be held responsible for any deliberate infringement to copyright.
6.3. The ownership and copyright of any artwork entered will remain with the Entrant.
6.4. However, if the Entrant is selected as a winner, the Entrant grants the TGA a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to reproduce and publish the photograph or digital image, and any written information submitted in relation to it, for the following purposes, and anything incidental to such purposes:
– For the published products, and any related promotional purposes, as outlined in Section 5.7 and agreed by each winner upon entry
– Marketing, publicity, educational, and archival uses in relation to the Tarot Unearthed Calendar and Art Prize in all media, including electronic and digital, broadcasting and print media
6.5. It is the winners’ responsibility, not the TGA’s, to advise any purchaser of their artwork, or rights in the artwork, of these licensed rights.
7. DATA COLLECTION & USE
7.1. The Entrant agrees that the information collected at the time of entry can be used to contact them as necessary.
7.2. If the Entrant is selected as a winner they grant the TGA permission to share their contact details with its media partners in the event that the Entrant wishes to discuss further promotional, interview, publishing or broadcasting opportunities.