Become a Professional Member
Professional Membership is open to Interest Members with at least 3 months membership
$75 per year, $65 for Australian Government Pensioner or Healthcare Concession card holders
Professional Members enjoy all the benefits of Interest Membership plus:
- a certificate that entitles them to advertise their Tarot services as Professional Members of the Tarot Guild of Australia Inc.
- a free listing on our website’s “Find A Tarot Reader/Teacher” page (with basic contact information). Professional Members may also purchase a more robust advertisement on our website with more details about their offerings.
- permission to use the Tarot Guild logo to promote themselves as accredited Professional Members of TGA
Professional Members are those who have completed our Tarot certification process for Tarot readers and are able to:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the meanings usually ascribed to each of the 78 cards in the Tarot deck
- Make meaningful connections between cards to build an interpretation based on the symbols and images in the Tarot cards
- Use one or more Tarot spreads to interpret cards in a way that makes sense to the client
- Communicate with clients in a way that produces a positive experience for clients and for themselves as readers
- Respect their clients’ values and right to self-determination
- Abide by the Tarot Guild of Australia’s Code of Ethics and Practice in their professional practice
How to Apply for Professional Membership Certification
Download and review these important documents:
Transition Information Pack
Log of Readings
The TGA’s Code of Ethics and Practice
- Log into your account on and go to the Members-Only Area. Under the section labeled “Professional Membership”, click the button labeled “Apply for Professional Membership” to submit your Transition Application (which includes paying the non-refundable transition application fee of $85).
- You will receive your Transition Exam Paper via email. The Transition Exam Paper consists of a series of questions to determine your knowledge of the Tarot. This will be emailed or posted to you upon receipt of your application form and payment.
- You have up to three months to complete the paper, which can be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word document, or handwritten.
Committee Members Committee Members Committee Members Committee Members Committee Members Committee Members