TRANSITION TO PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Professional Membership is open to TGA Interest Members with at least three months’ membership. If you have not yet joined the TGA, please apply first to become an Interest Member.
You don’t have to be located in Australia – the TGA has many international members who benefit from being part of a cohesive Tarot association.
In summary, the Guild believes professional Tarot readers should be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the meanings usually ascribed to each of the 78 cards in the Tarot deck
- Make meaningful connections between cards to build an interpretation based on the symbols and images in the Tarot cards
- Use one or more Tarot spreads to interpret cards in a way that makes sense to the client
- Communicate with clients in a way that produces a positive experience for clients and for themselves as readers
- Respect their clients’ values and right to self-determination
- Abide by the Tarot Guild of Australia’s Code of Ethics in their professional practice
THE CODE OF ETHICS & PRACTICE
All potential members must read through the Tarot Guild of Australia Code of Ethics & Practice documentation prior to applying for membership. You will be required to adhere to the code as part of the application process.
How to Become a TGA Professional Member – The Transition Process
- Submit your Transition Application Form (via the application form – link at the bottom of this page) which includes paying the transition fee of $85.
- We will send you a link to the Transition Information Pack in an email as well.
- You will receive your Transition Exam Paper via email. The Transition Exam Paper consists of a series of questions to determine your knowledge of the Tarot. This will be emailed or posted to you upon receipt of your application form and payment.
- You have up to three months to complete the paper, which can be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word document, or handwritten.
Cost to Transition to Professional Membership
There is a one-time fee of $85 to transition to Professional Tarot Guild membership.
Professional Membership renewal
The renewal fees are $75 for full membership or $65 for concession.
You can pay by credit card or PayPal.
Transition to Professional Membership – Documents
SUBSCRIBE AND STAY CONNECTED
If you are not a Tarot Guild Member, you can still subscribe for FREE monthly email notices about Tarot Guild Australia News, Workshops & Events.